Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Le Marais, and Copies (posted from the future).

We didn’t have class yesterday because of Pentecost (I think), but Shelby and I met up at 10 to try and find our text book at FNAC, only it was closed (the ONLY store closed in the entire Forum des Halles, which is the big shopping mall near where I live). So we got a SIM card for her cell phone and then we went and got ham and cheese and a baguette at the Monoprix and made sandwiches and had lunch with our class at the Place des Vosges. After lunch we walked all around that area (Le Marais) and the Jewish quarter and ended up at the Memorial de la Shoah, which is a World War II Holocaust memorial. It was really sad and I wish I had looked at it a little more but I was so tired and my feet hurt from walking around all day. Everyone else was in the same boat, so we didn’t stay too long.

After that my cinema classmates and I went to find a place to make copies of our text book since no one could find it – Mme Ayoun gave me her book to make the copies. She had pointed out a vague area near Centre Pompidou, so we found our way there and then had to ask like 3 different people where to go, and when we finally found a place it was closed. At that point everyone was exhausted and grumpy so they all left to go home and Shelby and I decided to walk back to Châtelet and get a soda on the way. When we were on our way we found another copy shop that was open so we made the copies for everyone.

Finally we made it back and Shelby got on the metro and I tried to find my way home, getting a little lost on the way. Finally I found it and rested for a few minutes and then I went out again to meet up with Caitlin, who was spending a few days with her parents in Paris, for dinner. We walked a bit and stopped at a little Italian restaurant for dinner, and then got gelato which we ate on the way home. It was really fun!

Finally I went home and took a shower and I’m finally getting the hang of that, kind of almost – a word about my shower: it’s a handheld showerhead, and there is no curtain, and there’s laundry hanging above it. So you have to sit down, and somehow maneuver it so that you don’t get water everywhere due to the lack of curtain, and it’s nearly impossible. I hope I get used to it eventually. It seems like such a simple thing to fix…I don’t understand why it hast to be so difficult! Oh well, such is life, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment