Saturday, June 6, 2009

Trois Églises (posted from the future).

Today was jam packed and certainly an adventure!

We met up at noon and went inside the Notre Dame. It was absolutely breathtaking. We walked around in there and then went to the crypt underneath which unfortunately was not quite as exciting as I’d hoped. It was raining though, so it was nice to be inside.

Then we went to Sainte-Chapelle and the Conciergerie. Sainte-Chapelle was even more amazing than Notre Dame…the stained glass upstairs left me speechless. I feel like I could spend forever in there. The glass all around the room depicts the Bible, from La Genèse to L’apocalypse. It was amazing.

Then I took the metro to Montmartre to see Mom and A.B. It was a little stressful getting there because the metro trains I was on kept stopping for some reason and they kept making announcements that I couldn’t understand. I made it eventually, though. I saw their apartment and walked around Montmartre and went to Sacre Coeur, which was another incredible church to be in. There were nuns singing and it was so peaceful and lovely. Then we made dinner at the apartment.

I wanted to go out tonight but I still have this cough and I thought it would be better just to rest. I did manage to get a bunch of homework done though, which was good. Tomorrow I’m going to spend the day with Mom and A.B. and hopefully do some laundry…and of course finish my homework. Can’t forget the homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment