Thursday, June 11, 2009

Jardin de Luxembourg (posted from the future).

Today was fun. After class we went to the Jardin de Luxembourg, which is gorgeous. I’m going to go back there this weekend, I think. Then we went to the Pantheon, which is huge! And really cool. I saw Victor Hugo’s tomb, and also Marie Curie and Louis Braille. After that we went up to the dome and had a really gorgeous view of Paris, which was worth having to go up and down a ton of stairs (going up the stairs is hard, but going down the stairs just freaks me out!)

Then Valentina and Laura and Alex and I went and had crêpes at a cute little café. We’re all going to go out some night this weekend and also go bookstore-ing while everyone else is in Amsterdam. I’m excited!

Then I went home and got my laptop and went to MacDo to use the internet, and then I came home and watched the news and had dinner and read my book in the living room while my host mom sketched and watched TV.

I think some people in the program are jealous of how awesome my host mom is. I don’t blame them!

Tomorrow we’re going to Versailles and I’m so excited! I remember seeing some documentary on it when I was in junior high or high school, and I’ve wanted to go ever since. I think it will be a lot of fun. I’m also excited to take the train there…I love trains.

I can’t believe the second week is almost over. Time is going by so fast! I don’t want it to end…everything is so wonderful. I’m having such an amazing time. I think I need to keep enjoying it and quit thinking about how it’s going to end eventually…!

I think my French is starting to get better – I do think it’s helping that I watch TV and read in French. But I really want to start talking ot my friends in French more, too.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment