Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tales from the Crypt (posted from the future).

This afternoon we went to the Catacombs, which was certainly interesting. LOTS OF SKELETONS! It was unlike anything I’ve ever seen before. It was creepy, but definitely cool, too. There were depressing quotes and poems on some of the walls, which was interesting.

Afterwards I had hot cocoa and dessert with Alex and Laura at a café. I really adore both of them. Then I came home and took a shower and did homework. I got some of my graded assignments back today and I got an A- on my history composition, which is the best I’ve done so far on an assignment!

Apparently a bunch of people in my program are going to Amsterdam this weekend because we have both Saturday and Sunday free. I’m not sure what I’m going to do, but I think I’m going to stay here. I’m pretty sure Roya and I are going to go to Amsterdam at the end of my trip, so it isn’t crucial that I go now, and I think for me it would be too much for one weekend. I think I’m going to check out some bookstores such as Shakespeare and Co.

Tomorrow night I think Alex and I are going to go out after dinner for a glass of wine. That is exactly the kind of “going out” that I enjoy and I’m excited! We’ll probably go somewhere in the Latin Quarter.

My cold is finally starting to go away, I think (knock on wood!). I’m still coughing, but not as much, and less congested. I’m glad. I hate being sick.

The time is flying by; I can’t believe we’re almost halfway done with the second week. I feel like this trip is going to be over before I know it!

I love being so productive and busy and seeing so much cool stuff. I’m exhausted every night and my legs are constantly sore from all the walking, and I love it!

I’m reading Fascination and I think for my next book I’m going to choose something a little more grown up. It’s good for me, though, I think.

After dinner I watched “Patriot Games” dubbed in French with m host mom. I’m enjoying watching movies every evening! I think my host mom thinks I’m boring, though. She asked if any of the other students in my program are as quiet and serious as me.

Maybe I am boring.

But maybe I’m okay with that! After all, I’m enjoying myself, and I think that’s what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment