Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Louvre (posted from the future).

We went to the Louvre today. I can see why Mme Ayon hates it there – so many tourists. But I also see why so many people go there in the first place; it’s amazing. There’s so much stuff, it just blew my mind.

As a group we went downstairs and saw the foundations and medieval structures from when the building was a fortress. Then we got to go off on our own, so I went with Laura and Ava and Valentina. We saw the Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa, of course, and then we went to the Egypt exhibit, which was AMAZING, and then the Iran exhibit, which was also VERY cool, and then the Apartments of Napoleon. We were there for almost 3 hours.

Then I came home and got my computer and went to McDonalds. I got a dessert and used their free WiFi; it was nice to have fast internet again for once. I was sitting at a booth and this random woman came and sat across from me, which was weird until she took her own computer out. But then she started asking me all these questions about something she was doing online, and I helped her, and THEN she was having trouble with the internet itself so I tried to explain what she needed to do – connect to the network and then open a new window to verify – and she got all frustrated and was like, “you don’t even speak French!” which pissed me off because my French was fine, she was just dumb and didn’t follow my directions. So I stopped helping her.
I had a nice dinner with my host mom, and now it’s bedtime. Still loving it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment