Monday, July 27, 2009

You can't ever go back.

When I was little I used to tape episodes of Full House when they came on during my piano lessons, so I wouldn't have to miss them. THAT'S how much I love Full House.

One of the ones I had taped was late in the series, probably season 6 or 7, when the girls go to summer camp. The episode takes place when they get home from camp and they're all sad and depressed because they want to go back. Eventually, they do have to go back because Michelle brought back a rabbit that needs to be taken home (or something like that, it's not important) and they find that it's not the same fun, exciting place when it's all rainy and deserted and camp is over.

Being in Paris right now is kind of like a super-scaled down version of that. The city is still beautiful. I still love it. I'm so happy to be here.

But without my beautiful AZ in Paris group, it just feels like there's something...missing.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment