Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New forever, world without an end.

I'm loving that I have this transition period between studying in Paris and traveling around with my sister and dad, to relax, and catch up with friends and family via Skype, and battle my homesickness, and ponder the last 6 weeks.

I'm sitting on a huge couch, blogging by the light of a salt lamp, listening to the soothing sound of Crina's yoga in the background, breathing in the fresh night air...I got to talk to some of my favorite people today, who I haven't talked to in so long. Even though today was kind of busy, and stressful at times, I'm happy to be right here, right now. I'm happy that I could come to such a lovely place, to regroup with a lovely friend.

Tomorrow is my last day in Germany and I can't believe how fast the last few days have gone by. Every time I come here, it's not enough. But it's certainly better than not at all.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with Roya, because at that point I won't have to travel alone anymore. I love traveling, and for the most part it doesn't really matter whether I'm with someone or not. But at this point...I don't know if it's because I've been away from home for so long or what, but I will be glad not to have to navigate through foreign airports and figure things out all by myself. Sometimes it's so nice just to have someone next to you, even if they don't know what to do either.

All in all, I think I planned my trip out well. I appreciated arriving here with my mom and A.B., to adjust to France a little bit and not feel all alone and disoriented in a strange place. I enjoyed my 6 weeks of school, however busy they were, and I'm glad I planned this time in Germany afterwards, to take a break with a friend. And I'm so glad that I get to continue on to meet up with family and go out the way I came in, comfortably, easily.

There are things weighing on my mind, as there always are, but I feel so content and grounded right now despite them.

Life is pretty gorgeous, when you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment