Saturday, July 11, 2009

Adieu.

What to say, what to say. My time in Paris has come to an end. By this time tomorrow, I will be in Berlin...which I'm grateful for, because if I was leaving Paris to go back to Tucson I think I would be pretty sad. At least I'm going somewhere awesome to be with someone awesome!

The last few days have been a whirlwind. I've started writing this blog entry so many times but I just don't even know what to say, what would be interesting. I feel like I've gotten so close to our wonderful group that half of what I want to write about wouldn't be interesting/exciting/funny to anyone except for us. Which is not helpful when it comes to blogging.

I'm about to have my last dinner with my host mom, who I haven't really seen in the past 3 days because I've been out doing things all day and then out until 4am every night. It's amazing how drastically different these last days have been, compared to the first.

I've never loved a place like I love this place. I love everything about it, I love the million and one sights I saw and did fiches ludiques about, I love the nutella crêpes that I could eat for every meal and not get sick of, I love the frites and the croissants aux amandes and all the other foods that aren't the same anywhere else, I love the metro, I love the unpredictable weather, I love the crazy drivers, I love the Seine. I love it all. I'm positive I love it more because I have to leave. But I guess that's just how it works.

I could write about what I did over the last few days, but it wouldn't be interesting, it wouldn't be beautiful the way it's was when it was happening. Suffice to say, I had a kickass last few days and I couldn't be happier...I mean that in all seriousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment